Written by Megan Manitta
We are just days away from Christmas; the time of giving, spending time with your loved ones, and of course – the time to enjoy delicious foods and drinks! Now, if your specialty isn’t making the exquisite Christmas dinner, then have no fear – dessert coffee drink recipes are here! Check out down below for these delicious coffee recipes you can try out this holiday season:
- Gingerbread Latte: Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of coffee (Suggested: use Pintail’s House Blend!)
- 2 teaspoons of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
What to do:
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine all your ingredients besides the milk. Stir ingredients until the molasses is dissolved and it is mixed well.
- Here is a trick if you don’t have a frother for the milk – place the milk in a sealed container. Once it is completely sealed, shake until it becomes foamy. Remove the lid and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk into your favorite mug or serving glass, using a spoon to hold and preserve the froth as you pour. Next, add the flavored coffee and then pour the froth over the top of the latte.
- Sprinkle the top with grated nutmeg.
- Lastly, top it off with whipped cream. You can add finely crushed pieces of gingerbread cookies if you would like!
- Christmas Cocoa Cappuccino: Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of espresso (Suggested: try our Indonesian “Dark Tail” Blend for this!)
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate syrup (Hershey’s is great for this)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of eggnog Grated nutmeg or crushed candy cane – to sprinkle (optional)
What to do:
- Stir the chocolate syrup into the prepared espresso
- Combine the milk and eggnog and froth using the same method as the Gingerbread Latte recipe or frother.
- Pour the chocolate-espresso mixture into your favorite mug and then top with the frothed milk.
- Sprinkle the top with grated nutmeg or crushed candy cane!
The last step, enjoy!
Which recipe will you be trying this season? Let us know down below. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!